Are you a business who is keen to become more diverse but don’t know where to start? Do you have hard to fill roles that could suit a
Are you a business who is keen to become more diverse but don’t know where to start?
Do you have hard to fill roles that could suit a neuro-diverse individual but you are worried about taking the first step?
Have you heard about Access to Work, Disability Confident but don’t know what it means in practice?
If you answered yes to any of these questions this event is for you!
Inclusion in the Work Place is being co-hosted by Woodlands Meed’s Special School in Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath Job Centre.
The session will be informative and inspirational with the aim of helping business become more inclusive by showcasing what help and support is out there for employers and employees alike.
The event is taking place on 5th January, 09:30 – 13:00 at the Kings Church, Burgess Hill and is aimed at businesses who want to find out more about the benefits of an inclusive workforce, what Government support is available and how to apply.
The morning will be packed with informative presentations including:
- A talk by Woodlands Meed on the benefits of diverse work force, how you can make your business more accessible without costing a fortune and real life case studies.
- The DWP disability services advocacy team will cover:
– Disability Confident scheme; what it is, what it means and how it can benefit
– Access to Work grant; what it is, how it works and what it can do to support your employees
– Health adjustment passport; a new initiative that helps facilitate those conversations between employers and employees regarding workplace adjustments.
Doors open at 09:15 and refreshments will be provided.
To book please click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inclusion-in-the-workplace-tickets-468320016
(Thursday) 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Kings Church
33-35 Victoria Road, Burgess Hill RH15 9LR