06 Dec Imberhorne School – Year 9 Speed Careers Event – 23rd January
On the morning of Tuesday, 23rd January Imberhorne School are holding their Year 9 Speed Careers Event. Can you possibly spare some time to support?
The morning will be split into two sessions of approximately 1 hour each between 9.00am and 11.00am. Half of Year 9 will participate in the first session and the remainder in session 2.
You will be sat with a group of about 4 or 5 pupils. They will have 3 minutes to ask a series of ‘open’ questions with the aim of working out what work you do. Feel free to bring a prop, photo or even part of your uniform to help the students with this.
At the end of the question/answer period you will have an opportunity to talk about your work for another 5 minutes.
It would be really helpful if you could aim to:
- tell the pupils your job title
- explain what your work involves – roles, tasks, who you work with and where
- discuss how you got into this field. Did you work straight from school, go to university, etc.
- what qualifications and/or training are required
- have you worked in other fields previously?
- what skills you use in this field
The students will then rotate round to another volunteer and repeat the process. Previous volunteers have always enjoyed this event and we hope it is something you would like to be a part of.
Event timings and logistics
- The event will take place in the sports hall on the lower school site at Windmill Lane, RH19 2DT. Parking will be available.
- The event starts at 8:55am but it would be helpful if you could aim to arrive at school by 8:30am for a welcome drink and briefing
- Please sign in at reception upon arrival where you will be collected by some of our students and escorted to the venue.
- Water will be provided but please bring along a drinking vessel as we try to avoid plastic waste where possible.
- We will finish at 11:00am and light refreshments will be available if you’d like to stay a little longer until 11.20am
Please contact Lisa Parker if you are interested: email@example.com