02 Aug Kings Award for Enterprise
The King’s Awards for Enterprise is now open for nominations. The King’s Awards are the most prestigious UK business awards, designed to recognise outstanding achievements in the fields of Innovation, International Trade, Sustainable Development and Promoting Opportunity (through social mobility)
Award recipients are permitted to use the King’s Award for Enterprise Emblem for five years – for example on websites, products, stationery, and promotional materials. Previous recipients of a similar award report benefits such as global recognition, increased sales and growth, access to new clients and markets, a boost to staff morale, and the ability to attract and retain skilled employees from the local community.
If you receive an award you will be:
- Invited to a Royal reception.
- Presented with the award at your company by one of The King’s representatives, a Lord-Lieutenant
- Able to fly The King’s Awards flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials (for example, on your packaging, advertisements, stationery and website)
- Given a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy
To apply for the King’s Award for Enterprise your organisation must:
- Be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- Have a good compliance record with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – for example, showing you pay the right amount of tax on time.
- Be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management.
- Have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- Demonstrate strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices.
Your organisation can be a business, non-profit or in the public sector. Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria.
We have many amazing businesses in Mid Sussex, if you are a business owner or know one that would be ideal for applying, please do get them to nominate their business. The current round of applications is now open and closes on 12 September. For more details visit https://www.gov.uk/kings-awards-for-enterprise