03 May Rex’s Notes May 2023
Posted at 11:51h in East Grinstead Town Council, Local community, Planning, Police and Crime, Rex's Notes, Town News 0 Comments
Councillor Rex Whittaker updates us this month.
- Local Elections: April has been a quiet month for both the Town & District councils as the impending local elections approach and which are set for Thursday 4 May 2023. This will mean that May and June will be extremely busy for both councils – as a new cohort of 16 Town and 48 District Councillors are sworn in and start the new four year term administrations.
- Birches Industrial Estate: In East Grinstead a new public space protection order has been approved to cover the whole of Birches Industrial Estate off Imberhorne Lane. This was triggered because of some regular boy racing car activity in night time periods around the large industrial unit car parks.
- Planning: A planning application has been received from Barratt David Wilson Homes for a proposed 200 new houses at 71 Crawley Down Road in Felbridge East Grinstead. The application reference is DM / 23 / 0810 and all details can be viewed on the MSDC on – line planning portal.
- Bank holiday Monday 1 May sees the annual Lions Club May Fair in East Grinstead High Street – where many local businesses and community groups will be on static display & presentation between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Kings Coronation: On Saturday 6 May the town council have arranged a High Street road closure between 8 am and 10 am so that a Kings Coronation public parade can take place with the route starting at East Court at 9 am and finishing at King George’s Field – where there will be a large electronic screen showing the Westminster Abbey procession and service.