28 Aug Self-isolating after returning to the UK: Guidance for Employers
- Where possible people should work from home during their self-isolation period. Employees should talk to their employer about working from home before they travel.
- Employees can agree with their employer to take leave to cover the period of their self-isolation, providing they have enough leave remaining.
- Employers can also tell employees to take leave as long as they give them enough notice. Find out about notice periods.
- Employees may be able to take unpaid leave if they’re forced to travel to deal with an emergency involving a family member or dependent. Find out about time off for family and dependants.
- If you’re out of the country when a quarantine is announced. Employees should talk to their employer as soon as possible to discuss options.
Further information can be found here.